Friday, November 2, 2007

Somethin is goin on up in here

Don’t know what it is
I can smell it
But don’t know what it is
They say there is light in the room
They can feel the energy
The street is cleaner
A different vibe is in the air
People can feel it
They swear they can
Something is going on up in here
Angels stop by to bless the poor
Angels pay for books so the poor can read
Something is going on up in here
Don’t know what it is
But something is going on
I ain’t scared ain’t worried
Feel good about it
Don’t really understand it
But something is goin on up in here
The blockers try to block
Don’t do no good
The devils block to no avail
Something is going on up in here
So I flow with the flow
Don’t try to be important
Be humble
Give when the poor ask
Don’t worry bout tomorrow
Do the bees and birds worry bout tomorrow
But you hear them singing in the morning
Hear the bees buzzing outside my door
Something is going on up in here
So do the work
Keep on doing whatcha doing, boy
Something is going on up in here.
Is Buddha on the scene
With his fat belly and nappy hair
Or Jesus with lamb’s wool
Or Muhammad whose uncles were black
What’s really goin on up in here
Is this the end of time
The fire this time
No more water
Earthquakes in diverse places
Children teaching parents
Siblings hating and killing over Mama’s love
The spirit in the dark is on the scene
What’s really going on up in here.
Time is short
Listen to the radio, better watch yo tv.
This thing might be all over and you still at the party.
Party mama party poppa.
What’s really going on up in here.
You better ax somebody.
--m

1 comment:

Kathy's Perspective... said...

Hello great poet!

It's nice to find your blog....may I borrow posts and publish in HarlemWest?

HarlemWest is the newspaper/magazine I plan to publish in January. I have published the Western Edition for a year and a half. I am letting that publication go and putting my energy into supporting the Fillmore Jazz Preservation District but to be true to its history I must draw from the authenticity of it greatest aspects. The area was full of literatti!

May I sir?